Relish

Relish

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Weaving

My latest obsession is all in line with the anthropologie boho craze I'm so inspired by. It's only been a few months since I first discovered Maryanne Moodie, THE weaving it girl of the moment. I'm in total awe for her colour coordination and weaving techniques every time I come across them online. I had been doing some weaving research over the past few months and found quite a few interesting videos and blogs.

It wasn't until I came across the brilliant girls of Honestly WTF that I couldn't resist making my very own wall hanging. As I was a weaving virgin I played it safe and followed Erica's weaving tutorial step by step. I decided to stay in the turqoise colour scheme, as to fit in with the rest of my interior. I'm so proud of the result!



After I finished my first wall hanging I straight away started a second one... This time I was inspired by Maryanne Moodie and went for more tassles and some pompoms.


I still have another wall hanging on my bucket list which I plan to make for our bedroom. This time I will work with more rusty, nude and beige colours...

2 comments:

  1. The weavings are beautiful. Did you refer to any weaving books? I started this myself but could not figure out some of the techniques. How did you attach the pom poms? Is it just by sewing on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo! Thank you for your comment... The weavings were surprisingly easy to make. I used a couple of tutorials which I found on pinterest. You can find them on my link to my pinterest page (weaving board). The pompoms were just tied on the weaving with the 2 strings of the pompom itself...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...