Relish

Relish

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Strawberry Champagne cupcakes

Two years ago on my wedding my husband and I chose for cupcakes instead of a big wedding cake. I think they look so much cuter than a plain old wedding cake and on top of the ease of not having to cut a cake for over 100 people made us to opt for delicious and oh so cute pink cupcakes. They ended up being a huge success and perfect for our party wedding.


Last week my friends Steve and Jo invited us to their house warming party. They had just moved into a brand new home and hosted a lovely dinner for a bunch of friends. We do feel kind of sad they sort of left us as they used to live just down the road. Now it's a 20 minute drive away...

So I wanted to make them a small home made present to congratulate them with their new house. And which sweet tooth out there doesn't like a nice cupcake?

I went with Peggy Porschen's Strawberry cupcakes as I'm very fond of her books. Actually, Peggy's Strawberry cupcakes are made with strawberry jam. When I found a jar of Fortnum and Mason's strawberry Champagne jam in my kitchen cupboard I knew exactely what I was going to make...


The cupcakes are very easy to make and you can find hundreds of recipes out there on the internet. The buttercream is what make these cupcakes so special.

You'll need: 250g of butter
                    250g of icing sugar
                    2 tablespoons of jam
                    foodcoloring (optional)


Mix the whole lot in a bowl on low speed until you get a smooth paste. Then continue to mix on high speed for a further 2 minutes.
As there are no eggs in the cream you can easily keep it in the fridge for about 2 weeks.




The finishing touch of my homemade gift must definitely be the box... I found these adorable cupcake boxes a while ago back home and I think they're actually as yummy as the cakes themselves!



The cupcakes, and especially the box were a instant success and we had a splendid time...

1 comment:

  1. Yum - what a great friend, and so thoughtful, you are...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...