Relish

Relish

Monday, December 19, 2011

Vintage teacup candles

Last summer I took my mum on an exciting city trip to London (just because I can never get enough of this city!). One stop we couldn’t possibly miss was Liberty’s, “the” department store for diehard fashionista’s as well as hardcore crafters like myself.
After spending a good hour on the fabric and haberdashery floor we headed for the home ware department. It was then that I discovered the cutest vintage teacup candles. I just couldn’t leave the place without one of these amazing candles! That was until I noticed the price.... 40 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!


 Even though I have to admit they looked beyond adorable I just couldn’t justify spending that money on a candle.

It wasn’t until a few month later, when visiting the Craft Christmas Club blog I realised they’re actually dead easy to make yourself... On top of that you can choose your own cup!

So last week, on a trip to the UK I headed straight to the Hobbycraft shop in Crawley where I found a whole section of candle making equipment. After browsing through all the different waxes and gels I decided to go for the organic soy wax (lets go green!). Not only is it the friendlier for the environment, it’s also microwavable and a lot less messy than normal wax. Perfect for a messy pup like myself!


So today I started, full of enthusiasm as a first time candle maker on my very own teacup candles... I had bought a couple of cute tea cups in Zara home last week (much more affordable) and decided to make the candles pink and give them a Lilly of the Valley smell.

















The instructions on the box were pretty clear and the candle were made in no time. Wether they’ll burn well remains to be seen... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...