Relish

Relish

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Vintage serving tray

I’ve been thinking for a while about making something with old family photos. I wasn’t too sure though what exactly I could make with black and white pictures... Last week I was on vacation in Belgium and could not leave without paying a visit to Creacorner, a craft supply store near by.
And there I found exactly what I was looking for...a serving tray made to decorate with a scrapbook page.














 

My parents have a massive collection of family photos from both sides of the family, some of which are more than a 100 years old. This was the perfect opportunity to have a photo watching evening! My mum’s really good with anecdotes and stories and seems to remember everything as if it happened yesterday.
I chose a selection of photographs which my dad scanned and put on a CD for me. As soon as I got back home I had them printed and now the only thing to do was to choose the right one for the project.
I decided to go for a photo of my great grandparents wedding in 1925...
















 

To protect the tray and give it a tad of colour I used a stain in walnut.
As the photo was old and in black and white I wanted to give it a vintage look and keep the colours in the same scheme. With the help of the girls at Paperlane I managed to find the right scrapbook materials to give the tray a rustic look.











 

I’m very pleased with the result and the tray is already sitting nicely on my new coffee table/old suitcase...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...