Relish

Relish

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Utopia top













Let me tell you, 10 years in Dubai and I still haven’t got used to the idea of celebrating Christmas with an outside temperature of over 20 degrees celsius... Believe me, there’s nothing Christmasy about it! If it’s not snowing the least thing it should be is cold. I would even prefer miserable rainy weather to perfect beach weather at this time of the year. I dream every day of cuddling up in bed with a nice hot cocoa (or preferably some glue wine) a nice book. Right now I’m reading A Christmas Carol, the ultimate Christmas read...


I do get really excited though when evening are cooling down and it actually gets a little chilly.
As I don’t have a lot of long sleeve garments I really wanted to make myself a top which I can wear during daytime as well as on a night out.

This Simplicity 2270 1940’s peplum pattern just had my name written all over it: long sleeve, peplum and with a nice bow at the back.



















I went for version 1 and made it in Italian lightweight wool. I had to adapt the seize quite a bit as a 1940’s size 14 seemed way to small (what!!!!). To give the shoulders some more shape I used small shoulder pads.





















Santa, I’m ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...