Relish

Relish

Monday, December 19, 2011

Turban fever

When I read the article on the Burda website last week I couldn’t wait to start on my own one! With the winter season in front of the door I thought it would be the perfect  accessory to complement my vintage look. On top of that I noticed several designers have brought the turban back to the catwalk so I definitely had to start sewing!




  











Turbans by Prada and Marchesa
           and the vintage look


So this morning I went to the Satwa area (fabric paradise in Dubai) in search for some silk. I visited my usual shop Regal as they have an extended collection of all sorts of silk. I finally choose 2 colours of stretch silk, one in an old pink and the other one in baby blue.
As soon as I arrived home I got behind my Singer and started working on the hats. I did use the Diary of a Recessionista’s blog as a guideline as the photos were very helpful (Thank you Mrs Recessionista!).


  














I finished one turban reasonably quickly so I started straight away on the second one... In Fida, the best haberdashery shop in Dubai I found some nice old looking brooches which I initially wanted to put on top of the turbans. As I thought it looked a wee bit over the top I decided to keep them for a future project.
Now I’m just waiting for the outside temperature to drop below 30 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...