Relish

Relish

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday treasure trove

You might have wondered where the hell I’ve been... The truth is that I’ve taken a break for a few weeks and travelled...pretty much around the world!
No time for crafting nor sewing unfortunately but I did go on a treasure hunt.
One of my favourite pass times is without a doubt strolling around flea markets and antique stores. The  flea market on the Vossenplein in the Marollen in Brussels is still one of my favourite ones, probably because it’s home but also just because it’s a great place for treasure hunting. And oh, did I find some treasures!











 


I couldn’t contain myself when I found these 2 original 1940’s fashion paintings. They’re perfect to fill up the empty spot on the wall in my sewing room. The paintings were 10 euros each.



 Some parrots found at the antiques market at
                        Le grand Sablon

I immediately fell in love with these 2 beauties. Both from the 1950’s with a stamp on the bottom (yes, I do watch the antiques road show!). I especially like the green once but they’ve both already received a special spot in my house...













 

2 beautiful plates which I want to use to make my own vintage cake stand.











And last but not least a 3 euro vintage swan plant pot.


The flea market on the Vossenplein is open daily until 15h. Don’t forget to visit the antiques market at   Le grand Sablon every weekend too. It is more upmarket and sells antiques for higher prices but is definitely worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...