Relish

Relish

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tie purse

Last week I visited the Japanese bookstore Kinokuniya. Their Dubai mall branch is a massive shop with an amazing selection of English, Arabic and Japanese books. Most of the time you’ll find me in the Japanese section, in the aisle with the pattern books (and they have hundreds!). 

 

 













This time however I discovered they have a really nice section with English craft books too. I fell upon
a really interesting book called “Chic on a Shoestring” by Mary Jane Baxter.The book is full of good ideas on yourself  vintage look.


So as soon as I arrived home I got started! On page 64 Mary Jane explains you how to make a purse out of an old tie. My husband happened to have an old
Emirates Airline tie in his drawer which he was happy to sacrifice for another one of my bright ideas.



Apart from a buttonhole and a button the purse was finished in just a one stitch... Now, give me the money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...