Relish

Relish

Monday, December 19, 2011

Forbidden fruit top

The first word that came to my mind when I saw this fabric in B&J fabrics in New York was “Stella Mccartney”. At first sight you’d think I’m a bit of a wacko to make a top out of what I would call tablecloth material but hey, if SM can do it so can I!

  
As the design on the fabric is quite busy I wanted to go for a very simple top.I happened to have the perfect pattern for it... At the bottom of my pattern drawer I found Butterick B5211,which is a very simple dress with 2 pockets. I decided on making it a long top, perfect for wearing with leggings, so I just adjusted the length. It turned out to be my quickest garment ever made (finished in less than 2 hours...).

              Stella Mccartney eat your heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...