Relish

Relish

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Chic on a shoestring top

Mary Jane Baxter’s new book Chic on a Shoestring is an amazing book. I found the book about 2 months ago in a bookstore and completely fell in love with it! The book is basically full of bright ideas on how to craft your own vintage look in very simple ways. For most projects you don’t even need a sewing machine!
















 Last month I already tried out the vintage tie purse (see archive), this month I wanted to give the scarf top a go.

As it happened, I recently found a beautiful scarf in a second hand shop back home. I loved the colours of the scarf and the cockatoo image but wasn’t quite sure on how to wear it. After all, when you’d wear it around your neck you can’t really see the image of the bird...

So the scarf was excellent for this particular project.












 

This is by far the easiest top I’ve ever made and it looks very chic.
I happened to find a velvet ribbon in the exact colour of the scarf.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...